Wednesday 14 May 2008

Loafing about

I did it, I finally did it. I baked bread. Proper tasty, delicious bread with a light and fluffy interior and an incredible crust. I managed to exorcise my demons and banish the bread gremlins to the proverbial dustbin (along with the many corpses of failed loaves past) so from now on we’ll be able to have the freshest bread whenever we want. Which is a good job really because it seems as if I won’t be able to afford to buy it for much longer considering the price of bread appears to be rising faster than the one I baked this morning. So to every failed loaf, every sunken effort, every chewy, dense and inedible example, each loaf that dripped with vindictive scorn as it steadfastly refused to behave in the manner in which it should – you’re toast. Metaphorically, at least.

2 comments:

Thistlemoon said...

Looks like a beautiful loaf! I need to start doing this as well - this is the final hold out for me in terms of things I really want to stop buying and stat making!

Nice job!

Welcome to The Foodie BLogroll! :)

Just Cook It said...

Thank you! Tasted pretty good too. I'll put up the recipe tomorrow - it's worth trying for sure.